Saturday, April 5, 2008

So close!

There's so little time left until we actually get to go!


We made it to over $20,000 in donations for Lusher which is super cool, even though we already had a giant check printed with $17,000. That's ok though.

We had some help from some really cool kids. The K-Klub from Roosevelt sold dog biscuits and raised $205 to help out. They came to school on Friday to present us with the money and hear the Symphonic Winds play some music. They're awesome and we really appreciate them helping us out. A couple of them even played with us! Here are some pictures:




And also, some companies donated some safety equpiment to our band for the rebuild. That was super cool of them to do. We got gloves, goggles, hard hats (which are bright orange), masks, and painters hats. I got a bright orange shirt to match my hard hat. It's pretty cool. Cassie and I stayed after to start to organize them so we decided to model the fashionable attire.


Here's Cassie:



And here's me:








6 comments:

Alex Hubbard said...

It's going to be so neat handing over a 17,000+ check to someone. Thats a huge amount of money for anyone. I personally can't wait to see everyone's faces in New Orleans when Mr. A comes out with a check that big ;)
I also can't wait to see what the blog posts say after the really long bus ride 8D

-Alex H
P.S. dad can't wait either

Nick May said...

what day do we get back home?

Anonymous said...

check your itinerary that EVERYBODY GOT THREE COPIES OF!!!

Nick May said...

thanks i knew it i couldn't find it, but i found it now. 13th *8)

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh I can't believe it's only two days away! It's so unreal! We were talking about it yesterday during our breaks in recording for the Dixieland Group. It went pretty well yesterday, it was just really, really, really long! But we sounded great! Anyway I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep Monday night because I'm going to be so hyped up! There's still quite a bit to do but now it's just down to details. All the big stuff is done with. I just gotta say.....WAY TO GO GUYS! WE MADE IT AND WE SHOULD ALL BE VERY PROUD OF WHAT WE'VE DONE!!! Seriously we've done a truely amazing thing here. Everyone should be proud!

Anonymous said...

I think our new band uniform shoule be bright orange shirts with hard hats.