Thursday, April 10, 2008

Finally!

We're finally here! I still can't believe it. I don't even know where to start so I guess I'll start from Monday afternoon.


Bag check was chaos. There were so many people and we had so much to do. We all just ran around moving bags and checking people in, it was crazy.

Here are some pictures:


The bus ride took FOR-EV-ER (for-ev-er, for-ev-er, for those of you who catch the Sandlot reference.) We watched some good movies I suppose, but you can never appreciate short car rides until a twenty eight hour bus ride. My legs are still cramped. We stopped at some McDonalds along the way but I wasn't able to get on and post because they charge you to use the internet which is totally lame.




These are the buses:






Our first major stop was the DeSoto Caverns. At first I thought it was going to be lame but it turned out to be pretty cool. It was just nice to get out and stretch our legs and seeing the Caverns was really cool.


Then we stopped for lunch at the City Limits Restaurant. I thought the food was pretty good. We tried some different foods, fried okra and squash, I even tried chicken liver! Definately not for me though.




We had some more hours on the bus, more movies, more leg cramps. Finally, we got to the hotel. We ordered some Po' Boy's for dinner which were really good. We got to enjoy the pool and just chill out, which was nice.



I have a feeling that a lot of this trip is going to be like the DeSoto Caverns. I wasn't really sure what to expect but it's going to be great no matter what happens. I can assure you, we're all having fun. The ride was tough but we're going to make the best of everything.

There are still a ton of pictures that we all took, it just takes forever and a year to upload them onto the computer so don't worry if you don't see some pictures up here. Mr. A will have copies of other pictures and everything.

You'll forgive me if this post is short, but I'm exhausted. I slept on the bus but it wasn't a very restful sleep. There will be more tomorrow, I promise.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to know that you arrived safely and were able to get in some relaxation time. I know you're not going to have much of that over the next few days. Thanks for the posts and pictures!

Mrs. G.

Betsy Thomas said...

Ken-East kids, Phil & Gail,
Yeah - you made it!!! Glad to hear you survived the bus trip - I couldn't have!!! Have fun, work hard, keep smiling, and send more pictures.
Betsy Thomas -
Roosevelt music teacher

Anonymous said...

We just completed our humanitarian project. Every kid worked hard! What we saw was horrible, but what experienced was life changing. Meghan Garland says it was Amazing and gratifying. We had groups of kids doing painting, gutting houses, picking up garbage, and other misc. stuff. Molly Davern said it was life altering. I've never seen something so tragic before, it really opened my eyes to the real world and how poor life can get in one day. Chris White says "one man's work is another man's blessing."
Check this out later for pics and video.

Anonymous said...

Lang Etts, Band, & Orchestra Groups:

If time allows check out the
cemeteries in New Orleans!!

PS. Look out for Brad Pitt sightings!!Enjoy yourself--sleep when you are back in Buffalo!!!

Lang Family