Monday, April 7, 2008

Oh Wow

I am beyond excitement right now I can't even explain it. This time tomorrow, we're going to be on the bus. Everybody I've talked to today shares my feelings. None of us are going to be able to sit still in class tomorrow.

This is so intense. Everyone has been running around going crazy, Mr. Aguglia's got so much to do, Josh and I were packing all the percussion equipment and there's music to copy, and I'm not even packed yet. But I am so faithful to this blog that I'm updating rather than make sure I have everything. So if I forget anything, I'm sure you guys will all hear about it.

Spread the word about this blog. Make sure your parents know about it so they don't think we got lost on the way down there. Tell Grandma and Grandpa so they can enjoy the trip right with you. (Just be sure they know how to turn the computer on.) Even tell your teachers about it. Sure they all know we're going on this trip but I don't think very many of them know exactly what we're doing so you can show them we aren't missing their class for no good reason.

We're a part of something that's so different from everything that's happened up until now. It's really cool. That's what makes this trip so great. It isn't the fact that we're missing a few days of classes or we're going to be in the warm weather, it's the fact that we're going to build a house, we're donating over $20,000 to Lusher, we've done all this planning for almost a year.

Wow I'm still bouncing. I thought writing this would help take off some of the excitement but I keep thinking about it and I can't wait. AHHHHH! That's how excited I am.

Fun stuff. Can't wait.

Oh, and just some last minute packing stuff. Here's some stuff that I think I'd forget so I'm reminding you all as well.

Make sure you have:
  • Trip Shirt
  • Band Blues
  • Phone/Camera/iPod Chargers
  • Snacks for the trip
  • Sunglasses
  • Sunscreen
  • Presents for your favorite blogger (that's me by the way!)
  • Spending money
  • Snacks for the trip
  • Your instrument

Try not to forget anything!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, really, she is bouncing! she is making me crazy. See you all on the bus. Have fun.

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel! Everytime I think that it's tomorrow I automatically start getting really figity! I start bouncing or something. Tomorrow's going to be so long and unbareable and next thing we know we're going to be on the buses!! I don't think that we should have full orchestra tomorrow I think we should let everyone go as crazy as they want so we can get rid of at least some of this energy! Mr. A's going to be crazy tomorrow too! But in a different way! I'm just glad that I have study hall tomorrow so I can help out if he needs it. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKK I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

soooo excited!!! the other thing i thought of to make sure you bring is old clothes for the humanitarian project!

Nick May said...

i cannot wait. I think im gonna pull an all nighter tonight so i can sleep on the bus ride. Im so excited*8)

Nick May said...

do you guys know the name of the hotel we are staying at?

Anonymous said...

its in your itinerary.

Anonymous said...

Ok, Melissa, Angela and Molly finaly found sponge candy after hours of store hopping. But I can't find my Rocky movies!!!!!!!! Can anyone help me out here???
BTW I have purchased so many Sterilite containers for this trip that they should be our official sponsor.
Make sure you thank your parents, administrators and classroom teachers for supporting this trip. This has been a huge leap of faith for everyone. And while we're all thanking people, I'd like to thank my wife Cindy and son Jacob who give up a lot for all the good things we do at school. I love you both very much. Good night:)

Anonymous said...

We're very proud of all the kids in the group. You've done an amazing job with fund raising for your trip and for Lusher School. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time! We'll be watching this blog for your tales. (Now I wish I *had* signed up to chaperone...)

Mrs G.

harzynski said...

Great job Amy, keep the comments coming, enjoy your trip,,,How is Dana holding up...