Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New Stuff

I know we're not on the trip anymore but there are just a few things I wanted to share.

Tomorrow (Wednesday) Channel 4 is doing a followup story on our trip. They're coming to concert band to ask kids about the trip and everything. Make sure you wear your trip shirts and check that out.

A final total on everything we raised.
We raised $21,000 in cash and instruments for Lusher. They said they're going to use the things we donated to start a concert band program in the middle school. How cool is that? A big hey to all the people down in New Orleans who are reading this blog by the way.
We got $3,000 worth of saftey equipment from Dival which was really nice of them.
People also gave $2,500 to help students get to New Orleans. That was a big help for a lot of people who might not have gotten to go without their support.

Mr. Aguglia is sponsoring a documentary contest for all of us. He wants to see what we thought of the trip and whatnot. I thought that was pretty cool.

So many people have been asking about the trip, congratulating us for the work we did. I think that's cool. I love sharing the stories with my friends who aren't in band, though I think they're starting to get sick of them. Teachers tell me they're reading the blog and I love that they're interested. We got a link on the school website so maybe more people will be able to read this and see what a great trip we had.

For those of you who are new to the blog and are having trouble understanding it:
The oldest posts are at the bottom. To read the first post, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on older posts. Then scroll to the bottom and read the post there and from bottom to top.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fruit snacks! BEWARE!