Thursday, March 27, 2008

Less then two weeks!!

Only eleven more days until the big trip down to New Orleans. The band room is really buzzing with excitement. We've got a giant countdown on the board, and we're being reminded what to pack all of the time.

I've been talking to my roommates, about what we're going to bring. Dressing up for our party at the Bayou Barn, what we're wearing our purple trip shirts with, should we bring bathing suits?

It seems unreal that the trip is actually almost here. I remember discussing it at Band Council last year, how were were going to look for a sister school, maybe do some rebuilding, and now it's finally happening. We have our sister school, the Lusher Charter School for the Arts. We're going to have breakfast, play side by side with the band and orchestra, and enjoy some lunch. We'll also be presenting them with the over $17,000 in cash and instruments we raised through our instrument drive. I must say I didn't think we'd break the $10,000 mark but I'm really impressed. Nice job guys!

We are doing a rebuild... well the older kids are. If you're under 16 you get to garden and clean up trash. Have fun with that. Those of us who are old enough are going to get to actually help build a house! I hope they let me use power tools. For some reason people at home don't trust me with power tools, can't imagine why.

Probably what I'm looking forward to and dreading the most is that 25 hour bus ride. I think it's going to be fun because I'll be sitting with all my friends and we'll make it a good time, but 25 hours? On a bus with Mr. Aguglia? Really not most people's idea of fun. Hopefully we'll all get to sleep without having to hear Mr. A tell stories over the bus loudspeaker. We're stopping at the DeSoto Caverns along the way. Not too sure what that's going to be like but at least it won't be 25 straight hours on a bus.

It's fun to hear everybody talking about the trip. The freshmen are all excited because for a lot of them, it'll be their first trip without their parents. I'm one of the doubly unfortunate ones whose mother insists on chaperoning and has a younger sister going on the trip. They won't be too bad, I hope. As a senior, it's going to be my last band trip but it's also the last trip for the juniors because band and chorus alternates trip years. I have no doubt that no matter what happens on this trip, I'll never forget it.

I'll have a computer while we're on the trip so I'll be blogging the whole time. Hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures while we're there so those of you who are stuck back home can experience the trip right along with us.

Can't wait!

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

seems the writer had a bit too much fun.

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great time. Sounds like you'll be busy.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's less than two weeks away! I remember when I was counting down and it was like 172 days until New Orleans! It's going to be so much fun! This will definately be a trip to remember!

Unknown said...

I hope that you guys enjoy your trip =). Prayers to all ya'll and congrats on raising up over 17,000 dollars! =D

Phil Aguglia said...

Great job with this blog thing Amy!!
I'm really proud of everyones efforts in this project. I'm really excited to get on the road. But, I am concerned that I won't have enough stories to tell for almost 50 hours of bus time. Don't worry, I'm working on it. Is everyone excited to watch all the Rocky movies en route??
Amy,can you put a big comment button on the opening page so that it's easier for people like me to publish a comment?

Anonymous said...

Great job with the blog Amy! I am really sad that I won't be on the trip this year, but I can't wait to read the blog to see what you are doing every day. Have a great time and enjoy this once in a lifetime experience!

Anonymous said...

I think we should bring ducktape.......so we don't have to listen to Mr.A for the whole trip! lol

Anonymous said...

I'm bringing duct tape AND sleeping pills!

Tuba Teck said...

can't wait 8 days!
how we going to get Mr. A to sleep during the bus ride

silence is golden
but duct tape is silver

teckhead

Janet Weipert said...

Great blog Amy!

Thanks for all you are doing to help the continued recovery in New Orleans. As some of you know, recovery from a disaster takes a long time. You are touching more of us than you will ever know.

Thanks for paying it forward. Have fun. Remember, bus drivers are your friends. Have sympathy on them.

Those stories can’t be that bad can they??

Anonymous said...

This trip is gonna be so much fun! ONLY 8 MORE DAYS!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I can't wait! I can't belive it's 9 days away. We've been planning for months now. I can't belive it's almost here!

Anonymous said...

Mr A nobody wants to hear your stories.

Anonymous said...

Oh Auntie Jan you have no idea! Sorry Mr.A we love you but we love sleeping more! Besides if you talk all the way there you'll loose your voice and then what?! 8 days! I can't believe we're finally in the single digits! It doesn't seem so close! This week better fast!

Anonymous said...

Good job Amy, I can't believe it's only 7 more days!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for this trip!!!!
Mr A there is no way all the rocky movies are going to be played during this trip....

Nick May said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nick May said...

ey guys! I can't wait this trip is going to be a blasty! I wish on Mr.A's bus so i can watch the madness, i guess you can say im on the quiet bus 8} lol only 6 days!!

Anonymous said...

haha you're not the only one who has a mother and a little sister going! yet i have a father going too!!!

Fat KFC customer said...

Jazz Band > Dixie Land Band

Anonymous said...

Wow back in September I was like, "This is never gunna happen". Now I am very excited that it is 2 days away.

Anonymous said...

Great Job guys!!! Hope you all have a fun and safe trip!

Anonymous said...

2 days... can't wait.

The man with the Plan said...

If anyone wants to see a live video feed of the French Quarter in New Orleans, go to www.nola.com. Have a great trip

Mista Cool Guy said...

Man I'm going to be soo busy & have sooo much fun. I think next year we should go to Hollywood, California, that'd be a blast!!!

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know if New Orleans has a hockey team???

Anonymous said...

LOL don't worry, in case we get bored on the bus I can do some of my fabulous stand-up jokes...

-What do you call a bird that doesn't eat?



-A polynomial.

Anonymous said...

In all reality, we should actually leave school at 6am on Tuesday so we arrive at New Orleans earlier... that way I can miss Global and Math


:p

any_spare_change_govenuh? said...

Too bad my parents are going...

p.s. anonymous blogger... New Orleans does not have a hockey Team.


-GO SABRES

VANEK #1

Blogger said...

This will be great!!!

Anonymous said...

I just saw the www.nola.com website. I saw a live video feed of LaSalle Street, and Bourbon street, its really cool...


Only 3 days!!!

Anonymous said...

Can we all just get along?

Anonymous said...

can't we all just get along?

Anonymous said...

Wow only 2 more days!!! I'm kinda sad that we are only going to the French Quarter for one day... o well, it will be very fun.

Anonymous said...

Hope all have a real great time. Stay safe.

Remember anything you write everybody reads and you can't ever take it back.

Anonymous said...

um dixie combo defff >jazz band...although jazz band is fun tooo!

Anonymous said...

Um yeah. Dixieland Combo is totally better than Jazz Band. Jazz Bands good but Dixielands better and if you don't believe me just listen to our recording of Peacherine Rag and when the CD comes out the rest our songs!